TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Parties. “Seller” means Short Action Customs, a Limited Liability Company. “Buyer” means the entity or person submitting the purchase order to Seller.
- Application. These Terms and Conditions of Sale define the relationship of Buyer and Seller and apply to all sales of equipment, parts, supplies, materials, other personal property (individually and collectively, “Equipment”), or services by Seller to Buyer. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that these Terms and Conditions of Sale are incorporated in, and are a part of, each quotation, purchase order, invoice, release, requisition, work order, shipping instruction, specification, and any other document, whether expressed verbally, in written form or electronic commerce, relating to the sale of Equipment or services by Seller to Buyer (these documents are collectively referred to as the “Agreement”).
- Quotation Expiration. Written quotations are valid for a period of 30 days unless otherwise noted by Seller. Seller will have the right to withdraw any quote that has not been accepted by Buyer within the 30-day time period.
- Pricing. Prices for Equipment, services, and other related information shown in any Seller or manufacturer product publication, including but not limited to catalogs, brochures, and websites, are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include related freight charges, use tax, sales tax, excise tax, value-added tax, or similar taxes, or charges of any nature whatsoever imposed by any governmental authority unless otherwise expressly noted by Seller.
- Taxes. Prices quoted do not include (and Buyer shall pay) all taxes and fees of any kind that may be levied or imposed on either party by federal, state, municipal, or other governmental authorities in connection with the sale or delivery of the Equipment by Seller with the exception of Seller’s income tax obligations arising out of the sale of the Equipment.
- Terms of Payment. Unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing by Seller, the total price is due and payable to Seller, without setoff or other deductions or charges, net 30 days of Seller’s invoice. All part cost are due at the time the order is place, all services are due before shipping.
Any amounts due by Buyer to Seller that are unpaid on or after 30 days of Seller’s invoice will bear interest at the maximum rate permitted by law. The accrual or payment of any interest as provided above will not constitute a waiver by Seller of any rights and remedies in connection with a default by Buyer. Buyer will pay all court costs, attorney fees, and other costs incurred by Seller in collecting past-due amounts, including interest.
If shipment or delivery of Equipment is delayed by or at the request of Buyer, payment will remain due in full 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice. In such event, Seller may impose, and Buyer shall pay, storage charges and other incidental expenses incurred by Seller as a result of the delay in addition to any interest on late payments as described above.
- Security Interest. As security for payment of all amounts due to Seller, Buyer grants to Seller a security interest in all Equipment sold by Seller to Buyer, and Seller will have all rights of a secured party under the Uniform Commercial Code with respect to the Equipment. Buyer appoints Seller as its attorney-in-fact with authority, at Seller’s option, to take actions as Seller deems reasonable in the circumstance to perfect the above security interest in any one or more jurisdictions, and Buyer shall pay all applicable filing fees.
- Limited Warranty—Disclaimer of Warranties. The warranty obligations of Seller for Equipment sold by Seller will in all respects conform and be limited to the warranty extended by the manufacturer of the Equipment, if transferable. The sole remedy available to Buyer with respect to defects in the Equipment will be against the manufacturer under any applicable manufacturer’s warranty to the extent available to Buyer.
TO THE EXTENT THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO BUYER, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
If Equipment is resold by Buyer, Buyer will include in its agreement for resale provisions that limit recoveries in accordance with the Agreement. In case of Buyer’s failure to include in any agreement for resale the terms providing for such limitations, Buyer will indemnify and hold Seller harmless against any liability, loss, cost, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or resulting from the failure.
IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR EXPENSE OCCASIONED BY THE USE OF DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT.
BUYER ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY THAT THE EQUIPMENT PURCHASED UNDER THE AGREEMENT MEETS THE SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR INTENDED USE OF BUYER, AND SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THEM.
- Delivery. Any delivery dates or other schedule of performance by Seller are approximations, and the sole obligation of Seller with respect to the schedule of delivery or performance will be to use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Equipment, or otherwise to perform, consistent with the reasonable demands of its business. In any event, Seller will have no liability to Buyer or any other person for delays in performance due to strikes or labor disputes of any type; accidents, fire, floods, acts of God, or actions by governmental authorities; acts, omissions, or delays of Buyer or any other third party; shortages of labor; or without limitation of the above, for any causes reasonably beyond the control of Seller.
- Title and Risk of Loss. Title to and risk of loss or damage to the Equipment will pass to Buyer on delivery by Seller F.O.B. (a) Seller’s facility, (b) Seller’s supplier’s facility when Equipment is shipped directly from the manufacturer, or (c) as otherwise specifically indicated in the Agreement.
- Inspection and Acceptance. Buyer will have 14 days from the date of delivery to inspect the Equipment for defects and nonconformance and to notify Seller, in writing, of any defects, nonconformance, or rejection of the Equipment (other than defects or nonconformities due to damage, shortage, or errors in shipping that will be reported as set forth below). Claims for shipping damage, errors, or shortages must be made in writing to Seller no more than 14 days after receipt of shipment. After this period, Buyer will be deemed to have irrevocably accepted the Equipment, if not previously accepted. After acceptance, Buyer will have no right to reject the Equipment for any reason or revoke acceptance. Claims for damage due to shipping must be made by Buyer to the freight carrier.
- Return of Equipment. Generally, no returns of firearms are accepted. However, if the Seller accepts a return, all returns will be pursuant to Seller’s instructions.
- Cancellation or Termination. In the event of cancellation of the Agreement by Buyer, or in the event of default under the Agreement by Buyer that is not cured within 30 days after notice by Seller, Buyer will pay to Seller on demand all direct and indirect costs (including, without limitation, all applicable restocking or cancellation charges, including reimbursement for direct costs assessed by the manufacturer) incurred directly or indirectly by Seller in connection with the Agreement, all as reasonably determined by Seller, plus any profit to be negotiated with Buyer. In no event, however, will any amount payable by Buyer under the Agreement exceed the total price payable by Buyer for the Equipment.
- Changes. Seller reserves the right from time to time to correct any typographical or clerical errors, including errors in mathematical computation that may exist in the Agreement.
- Technical Support. Unless otherwise specifically provided on the quotation or invoice, the Agreement does not include any services of Seller in connection with installation, testing, or evaluation of the Equipment. Seller will, however, consistent with its capabilities and subject to scheduling acceptable to Seller, make available to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense, technical support services relating to the Equipment at the rates then imposed by Seller, together with any out-of-pocket expenses to Seller in connection with the technical support. The sole remedy of Buyer in connection with any acts or omissions of Seller in the provision of technical support will be the provision of further technical support to Buyer reasonably required to correct the act or omission.
- Modifications and Waiver—Entire Agreement. Neither party has rights, warranties, or conditions expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, other than those contained in the Agreement. The Agreement contains the entire agreement between Seller and Buyer and can be modified or rescinded only by a writing signed by both parties. No waiver of any provision of the Agreement will be binding unless in writing signed by an authorized representative of the party against whom the waiver is asserted, and unless expressly made generally applicable, will apply only to the specific case for which the waiver is given. Failure of either party to insist on strict performance of the Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any term or condition of the Agreement.
Any document submitted by Buyer to Seller confirming its intention to purchase Equipment described in the Agreement (purchase orders or releases) will be deemed to constitute a confirmation and acceptance of the Agreement, even if the document states terms in addition to or different from those in the Agreement. All agreements between Seller and Buyer will be solely under the terms and conditions of the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions of Sale, and Seller objects to any and all additional or different terms contained in any document submitted to Seller by Buyer. Any execution by Seller of any other document submitted by Buyer in connection with the purchase of Equipment does not constitute acceptance of or agreement to any terms and conditions in addition to or different from those contained in the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions of Sale, but will constitute only acknowledgment of receipt of the document. In addition, notwithstanding any terms contained in any documents submitted by Buyer in connection with the purchase of Equipment described under the Agreement, the acceptance of delivery by Buyer of Equipment described in the Agreement will constitute a course of conduct constituting Buyer’s agreement to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions of Sale, to the exclusion of any additional or different terms and conditions.
- Compliance with Laws. Buyer will be responsible for compliance with any and all federal, state, or local laws or regulations respecting safety or respecting use of the Equipment and shall indemnify and hold Seller harmless from and against any and all claims of violations of laws or regulations or other claims of personal injury or property damage directly or indirectly related to the installation, maintenance, or operation of the Equipment.
- Export Control. Equipment supplied by Seller may be subject to various export laws and regulations. It is the responsibility of the exporter to comply with all laws and regulations. Notwithstanding any other provision to the contrary, if federal, state, or local law requires export authorization for the export or re-export of any Equipment or associated technology, no delivery can be made until export authorization is obtained, regardless of any otherwise promised delivery date. If any required export authorization is denied, Seller and Seller’s supplier will be relieved of any further obligation relative to the sale and delivery of the Equipment subject to denial without liability of any kind relative to Buyer or any other party. Seller will not comply with boycott-related requests except to the extent permitted by federal law and then only at Seller’s discretion.
- Governing Law. The Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
- Authority. Each signatory represents that it has all requisite authority to execute the Agreement on behalf of its principal and that the Agreement is fully enforceable against the principal in accordance with its terms.